Use the Power of the Law to Advance Your Career
George Mason University offers you the opportunity to learn about the law, legal ethics, and what goes into successful litigation. Whether you want to become a paralegal, broaden your skill set as a paralegal, or explore your legal rights as a professional, George Mason, in collaboration with the Center for Legal Studies, can offer you the course you need to strengthen and advance your career.
Paralegals can reinforce their base of knowledge and then expand upon it in our Paralegal and Advanced Paralegal Training. They can build upon their existing knowledge to develop valuable, nuanced skills in legal investigation, eDiscovery, alternative dispute resolution, software essentials, personal injury, and more.
Nurses and other medical professionals who want to expand their abilities to operate within the legal realm can find courses that help them work in the field as consultants. Secretaries who want to advance their career to a law office can discover what they need to know. Engineers and other makers can learn how to protect themselves and their creations by learning about intellectual property law.
If you have any questions or need additional information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the request information button.
* If a course has a certificate associated with it you will find that information in the course description.
- PLGL 0100 - Paralegal Certificate (8 Weeks)
- PLGL 0104 - Paralegal Certificate (Online)
- PLGL 0106 - Advanced Legal Research and Writing Online
- PLGL 0108 - Legal Investigation Certificate Online
- PLGL 0110 - Personal Injury for Paralegals Online
- PLGL 0112 - Employment Law Certificate Course
- PLGL 0113 - Legal Nurse Consultant
- PLGL 0114 - Medical Professional Legal Consultant
- PLGL 0115 - eDiscovery
- PLGL 0116 - Legal Secretary
- PLGL 0117 - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- PLGL 0118 - Victim Advocacy
- PLGL 0120 - Paralegal Certificate (Self-Study)
- PLGL 0400 - Advanced Paralegal Certificate Online
Explore Legal and Paralegal Courses
Take a moment to discover which online legal or paralegal course will help you meet your most immediate goals and build upon the skills you have now.
Choose Your Level of Learning
George Mason offers many ways to learn new skill sets that enhance your current role and help you step into new career opportunities.
- Individual courses focus on a specific set of skills or industry knowledge and can vary widely in terms of contact hours. You can spend a week completing a course, or more than a year.
- Professional Certificates can vary widely in terms of contact hours. They can consist of a single course with a multitude of topics or include a series of courses. Some certificates also offer a digital badge that can verify the specific industry skills learned. When you successfully complete the Professional Certificate program, you'll receive a certificate that speaks to your new skillset.
Mason awards a digital badge for a select group of in-demand micro-credentials. A URL is attached to the badge that verifies your skill sets so you can easily display them to current and future employers.
The Paralegal Certificate Course badge will be awarded after you successfully complete the Paralegal Professional Certificate.
Strengthen Your Career Opportunities
Legal and paralegal courses can strengthen the role you have or advance your career with specific skill sets that increase your value.
You could take a legal or paralegal course to learn how to protect your business, plans or ideas from accusations, threats and theft.
You could also launch an entirely new career as a paralegal, victim advocate, legal secretary, or as a consultant in the medical field.
- Paralegals earn a median salary of $52,920 a year, with the top 10% earning more than $85,160. They're forecasted to have a faster-than-average job growth rate of 12% through 2030.1
- Arbitrators and mediators earn a median salary of $66,130 a year, with the top 10% earning more than $131,210. They're forecasted to have a faster-than-average job growth rate of 10% through 2030.1
- Legal nurse consultants earn a median salary of $81,776 annually, with the top 10% earning $104,146.2
Whatever your ambition, George Mason can make it happen with a selection of the most popular online legal and paralegal courses available.
Corporate Training in Legal Studies and Paralegal
As the largest public research university in Virginia, we keep our finger on the pulse of skills gaps across industries. We're ready to help you attract and retain top talent with continuing education opportunities customized specifically for your organization. See how we can help you upskill your staff quickly.
To discover more about how we can bring critical legal training to your team, complete the form below and we will contact you: