Government Contracting Courses
Government contracting involves the production and delivery of goods and/or services under contract for the federal government, whether it be for profit or not. There are several different factors to consider in doing contract work for the federal government, including time, cost, ethics, accounting and auditing. The courses listed here will give you insight into each of these factors and more to help prepare you for working with the federal government to provide the goods and/or services it requests.
For more information contact us at email@example.com or click on the Request Information button.
* If a course has a certificate associated with it you will find that information in the course description.
- CFG 0400 - Government Contracting Fundamentals
- CFG 0404 - The FAR Workshop: Practical Applications & More
- CFG 0405 - Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR)
- CFG 0406 - Subcontract Management
- CFG 0407 - Government Contract Compliance and Cybersecurity
- CFG 0408 - Contract Pricing and Pricing Fundamentals
- CFG 0409 - Contract Cost Accounting Deep Dive
- CFG 0425 - Accounting and Auditing for Government Contracts
- CFG 0428 - Ethics and Compliance in Government Contracting
- CFG 0432 - Timekeeping for Government Contractors
- CFG 0451 - Negotiation Strategies and Techniques
- CFG 0452 - Contract Changes and Equitable Adjustments
- CFG 0601 - Masters Academy in Government Contracting (Live-Online)
- CFG 0604 - CFG Government Contracting Executive Briefings
- CFG 0605 - Business Systems Series
- CFG 0606 - Federal Grants Review: The Comprehensive Certificate Course for Agencies and Grantees
- CFG 0607 - Supply Chain Hot Topics
- CFG 0608 - DCAA Audits - Preparation to Ease the Process
- CFG 0609 - GovCon Accounting/ Finance Executive Briefing Series
- CFG 0610 - Practical Matters: Managing Government Contracting Requirements and Practical Solutions
- CFG 0611 - Federal Grants Fundamentals
- CFG 0612 - Critical Government Contract Cost Accounting and Financial Compliance Virtual Series
- CFG 0613 - Government Contract Compliance Series
Explore Government Contracting Courses
Coursework in the Government Contracting series can expand your current skill set so you can qualify to work effectively with the federal government and win contracts. Choose the programs below that are most beneficial to your position right now and take a look at others that may help you advance your career.
Choose Your Level of Learning
George Mason offers many ways to learn new skill sets that enhance your current role and help you step into new career opportunities.
- Individual courses focus on specific skills or industry knowledge and can vary widely in terms of contact hours. You can spend a week completing a course or more than a year.
- Immersive courses typically take a minimum of 25 contact hours to complete but can take as many as 60. When you complete an immersive course, you'll receive a digital badge that verifies a set of skills you achieved for future employers.
- Professional Certificates can vary widely in terms of contact hours. They can consist of a single course with a multitude of topics or include a series of courses. Some certificates also offer a digital badge to verify the specific industry skills learned. When you complete the Professional Certificate program, you'll receive the certificate that speaks to your new skillset.
Digital Badges (Optional)
Mason awards a digital badge for a select group of in-demand micro-credentials. A URL is attached to the badge that verifies your skill sets so you can easily display them to current and future employers.
The following badges are available when you complete one of the Professional Certificates the badge is named for.
Corporate Training in Government Contracting
As Virginia's largest public research university, we keep our finger on the pulse of skills gaps across industries. Professionals with various titles across an organization need to know what to expect when managing government contracts so your business can win government contracts, manage them effectively, and stay compliant according to ever-changing government guidelines.
To get your organization up to speed with government contracts, we offer group training opportunities for your employees to develop the skills they need quickly.
To learn more about group training opportunities, complete the form below and we will contact you: