Information Technology and Security
IT Courses and Accelerating the Adoption of Information Technology
While once used to describe the business of those who worked with computers, the phrase information technology (IT) has become an umbrella term for a vast industry that represents 10.5% of the national economy, employs 12.4 million people, and is responsible for $2 trillion in economic output. * An array of professionals across all industries who specialize in networking, cybersecurity, cloud computing, software and application development, and more work under the larger IT umbrella term.
As the digital age expands and becomes the basis of operations across industries, the need for those with specialized skills has grown and, oftentimes, overpowers the demand of qualified applicants.
Whether you're new to the IT industry or are looking to expand and enhance your IT knowledge, Mason’s extensive portfolio of IT courses and professional certificates are designed to build your strategic capabilities and prepare you for the next step in your career. From IT certification preparation to upskilling opportunities, our training programs educate and equip technology professionals at all experience levels.
Consider our extensive course offerings and if you have any questions contact us at email@example.com, or click on the request information button.
* If a course has a certificate associated with it you will find that information in the course description.
- EDGO 0139 - CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
- EDGO 0318 - SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- EDGO 0354 - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- EDGO 0356 - Certified Ethical Hacker
- EDGO 0366 - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- EDGO 0377 - Network IT Certificate
- EDGO 0378 - Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- EDGO 0382 - CompTIA Network+ Certification Training
- EDGO 0385 - CompTIA A+ Certification Training
- EDGO 0388 - Cisco CCNA Certification Training
- EDGO 0391 - CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training
- EDGO 0394 - Python Developer
- EDGO 0396 - Information Security Training
- EDGO 0397 - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- EDGO 0398 - Advanced Network IT Certificate
- EDGO 0399 - Information Security Certificate
- EDGO 0405 - CompTIA Certification Training: ITF+ and A+
- EDGO 0430 - CompTIA A+ Training Boot Camp
- EDGO 0431 - CompTIA Network+ Training Boot Camp
- EDGO 0434 - (ISC)² CISSP® Training Boot Camp
Prepare for In Demand Industry Certifications
Our IT coursework develops the foundational and advanced knowledge, experience, and skills you need to earn the expected industry certifications offered by CISCO, CompTIA, and AWS. Learn more on these links.
Cyber Security | Networking |Cisco | CompTIA
Choose Your Level of Learning
George Mason offers many ways to learn new skill sets that enhance your current role and help you step into new career opportunities.
- Individual courses focus on a specific set of skills or industry knowledge but can vary widely in terms of contact hours. You can spend a week completing a course, or more than a year.
- Bootcamps, like individual courses, usually focus on mastering a specific technical skill that can directly impact your current position or project or help you transition to a new career in a brief amount of time, typically three to four months.
- Professional Certificates can vary widely in terms of contact hours. They can consist of a single course with a multitude of topics or include a series of courses. Some certificates also offer a digital badge that can verify the specific industry skills learned. When you successfully complete the Professional Certificate program, you'll receive a certificate that speaks to your new skill set.
Given that information technology really refers to several specialty areas, we've divided available courses by their subject matter. Choose a topic below to explore coursework in that subject area.
Mason awards a digital badge for a select group of in-demand micro-credentials. A URL is attached to the badge that verifies your skill sets so you can easily display them to current and future employers.
The following badges are available when you complete one of the Professional Certificates the badge is named for.
Strengthen Your IT Career Opportunities
A career in technology offers outstanding opportunities for growth, stability, high-paying wages, and advancement throughout its lifespan. The median wage across all technology roles is 117% higher than the national average at $91,250 in 2020.1
Snapshot of Technology Industry
- 12.1 Million Roles in Net Tech Employment
- 7.9% Net Employment of the Entire IT Workforce
- 585,325 Tech Business Establishments
In 2020, there were 3.9 million job postings for tech occupation job openings, more than 20% of which were in emerging tech roles or skill areas. And while overall tech occupations are expected to grow at about twice the rate of overall employment across the economy, many roles will grow at 4-5 times the national rate.
Expected Growth from 2020-2030
- Cybersecurity, +31%
- Data Scientists, +30%
- Software Developers, +23%
- Web Developers, +15%
- CIOs and IT Managers, +14%
- Database Admins and Architects, +13%
- IT Support Specialists, +13%
- Systems Analysts and Engineers, +12%
All employment data is from CompTIA Cyberstate 2021 Report unless otherwise noted.
Corporate Training in IT
As the largest public research university in Virginia, we keep our finger on the pulse of skills gaps across industries — and nowhere is it wider than in the IT industry. A combination of all tech occupations is expected to grow at about twice the rate of overall employment across the economy, but many roles will grow at 4-5 times the national rate.3
We're ready to help you upskill your staff quickly with continuing education opportunities customized specifically for your organization's needs.
This valuable option gives your top performers the industry certifications you need them to have to step into roles you need to fill while attracting and retaining top talent.
To discover more about how we can bring critical IT training and certification preparation to your team, complete the form below and we will contact you: