Professional Writing and Speaking
Introduction to Professional Writing and Speaking
Preparing for an oral presentation? Drafting a proposal? Does your written communication cause confusion?
CPE has a variety of courses to offer, including courses that George Mason University’s English department has partnered with the Center for Public Safety Excellence® on, where they developed an advanced technical writing program specifically for the fire and emergency service industry. The advanced techical writing program is designed for professionals at all levels in the fire service, you can take these six courses individually or as part of the certificate program.
No matter what your professional writing and speaking training interests are, if you have questions contact us at email@example.com or click on the request information button.
* If a course has a certificate associated with it you will find that information in the course description.
- EDGO 0411 - 220-Hour Advanced TEFL Certification Course
- EDGO 0416 - Certified Technical Writer
- EDGO 0433 - 120-Hour TEFL Certification
- PELA 0600 - Writing Fundamentals
- PELA 0601 - Plain Language
- PELA 0603 - Oral Presentations
- PELA 0604 - Fundamentals of Grammar and Editing
- PELA 0605 - Principles of Proposal Writing
- PELA 0606 - Communication in Organizations
Choose Your Level of Learning
George Mason offers different ways to learn new skill sets that enhance your current role and help you step into new career opportunities.
- Individual courses focus on a specific set of skills or industry knowledge and can vary widely in terms of contact hours. You can spend a week completing a course, or more than a year.
- Immersive courses typically take a minimum of 25 contact hours to complete but can take as many as 60. When you complete an immersive course, you'll receive a digital badge that easily verifies a set of skills you achieved to future employers.
Digital Badges (Optional)
If the subject results in a digital badge, this section should appear. Is consists of a heading and a couple of brief sentences that explain what a digital badge is. The image of the badge should appear below a CTA link that will direct users to the digital badges page to learn more.
Mason awards a digital badge for a select group of in-demand micro-credentials. A URL is attached to the badge that verifies your skill sets so you can easily display them to current and future employers.
The Advanced Technical Writing badge is awarded when you complete the Advanced Technical Writing immersive course.
Corporate Training in Professional Writing and Speaking
Coursework is customizable and training available at a discounted rate for groups of 10 or more from the same organization. For group training inquiries, please complete the form below and we will contact you: