CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
Earn Your CompTIA Cyber Security Certificate
Securing this data is a key role in organizations of every size and type. This creates significant opportunities for professionals who can keep online data safe and private. The CompTIA Security+ certification is considered a global standard for validating cybersecurity skills. This 100% online course will help you master the basics of system security, network infrastructure, access control, and organizational security. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be prepared to take the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
The CompTIA Security+ certification is the most widely-used preparation to meet the US Department of Defense's DoD 8570 compliance standard. This 100% online course will help you build critical skills needed to pass the CompTIA™ Security+ exam and advance your cybersecurity career.
IS THE CompTIA SECURITY+ A GOOD CERTIFICATION FOR STARTING OUT?
Data security firm Netwrix considers the CompTIA Security+ the ideal certification for those entering the cybersecurity field. Although other certifications may offer subject matter and challenges that dive deeper into specific issues that are more appropriate for seasoned professionals, the Security+ certification process and exams fit ideally with the needs of new security professionals.
- Perform network design security, risk calculations, penetration testing, and risk management
- Implement device security, wireless security, static environment security, secure authentication methods, and authorization models
- Manage attack types, mitigating malware, discovery tools, and security administrative principles
- Develop the necessary skills for a career as an IA technician, security consultant, information security analyst, or forensic analyst
- Create an initial understanding of or build upon your existing IT knowledge by exploring computer and network security concepts
- Prepare to successfully pass the CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-501
This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
PC: Windows 8 or newer.
Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbook will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
+ Designed For
CompTIA created the Security+ certification and exam to teach and assess hands-on skills that security professionals use to protect networks and the information. By course completion, you will be fully prepared to earn your CompTIA Security+ certification.
Job Outlook for CompTIA Security+ Professionals
- Cybersecurity professionals are in high demand. Cyber Defense Magazine predicts a need for 1.8 million new cybersecurity professionals by 2022. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects 32% job growth for information security analysts between now and 2028.
- This is among the BLS’s fastest-growing job categories, a factor the BLS attributes to growth in hacking and attacks on computer and network infrastructure. Growth is expected across every industry, especially those that involve private information such as banks and financial services, healthcare and emerging fields such as vehicle and physical infrastructure systems.
- Cybersecurity professionals are well-paid. According to PayScale.com, cybersecurity analysts with CompTIA Security+ preparation command salaries above $61,000 per year.
WHAT JOBS CAN I GET WITH THE CompTIA SECURITY+ CERTIFICATION?
As a certification for entry-level or ground floor career opportunities, CompTIA Security+ certificate holders often work in jobs with titles such as:
- Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator