The primary role of facility managers is to manage and oversee an operating facility. To do this, facility managers must have a working knowledge of building systems, structure, interiors, exteriors, and grounds so that the facility and all of its required systems function in a manner consistent with existing regulatory standards. Effective operation and maintenance of facilities is a complex responsibility in today's environment.
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education Facility Management Programs is an approved educational provider of The International Facility Management Association™ (IFMA ™) Facility Management Professional™ (FMP") credential program.
- Introduction to Operations and Maintenance
- Assess Facility Needs
- Manage/Oversee Operations and Maintenance of Building, Systems, and Equipment
- Manage/Oversee Occupant Services
- Select the Best Resources
- Measure and Optimize Operations and Maintenance Performance
The FMP credential is awarded by the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). Upon the conclusion of each of the four required courses, participants will need to successfully complete the online final assessments for each course. Once this has been accomplished, they will submit their FMP application and fee to IFMA in order to finalize the awarding of the credential.
Each final assessment is comprised of 50 questions.
Required IFMA courses:
- FMP 0705: Operations and Maintenance
- FMP 0710: Project Management
- FMP 0715: Finance and Business
- FMP 0720: Leadership and Strategy
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded by George Mason University.
+ Designed For
- Early-to mid-career facility management practitioners seeking enhanced knowledge and skills.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate, or technical programs.
- Service providers.
- Gary Pfeifer
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series : Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE