This program prepares Medical Professionals for a career in the legal field as medical professional legal consultants. Building on the medical education and clinical experience of medical professionals, this course provides students with fundamental skills necessary to advise law firms, health care providers, insurance companies, and governmental agencies regarding medically-related issues and to appear in court as expert witnesses.
- Lesson One: Introduction to Law and MPLC
- Lesson Two: Ethics, Standards of Care and the Profession of Legal Consulting
- Lesson Three: Medical Malpractice, Licensure, Case Analysis & Legal Practice Areas
- Lesson Four: Criminal Law, Complex Litigation, Medical Records and Informed Consent
- Lesson Five: The Role of the MPLC in the Litigation Process
- Lesson Six: Other Roles and Work Environments for the MPLC
- Lesson Seven: Course Wrap-Up and additional MPLC Practice Areas
For each lesson you will submit a 100-point test covering the topics in that lesson’s reading. These tests are due before 9:00 a.m. each Monday.
For each lesson you will also submit your responses to a reflection assignment. These assignments are referred to as Bulletin Board Submissions and will be submitted by either selecting Bulletin Board Submission from within the lesson material, or by selecting ‘Forums’ under Activities on the Right Sidebar.
All weekly objectives, assignments, and tests can be found in the Lesson Materials.
Additional resources are available by accessing the URL Library tool.
Your grade will be based on your completion of six tests and six Bulletin Board Submissions. The tests can be accessed from within the lesson material, or by selecting ‘Assignments’ under Activities on the Right Sidebar. Throughout the course, you will use the Bulletin Board tool to respond to reflection assignments which will enhance your understanding of the reading material.
Your final grade will be figured as follows:
- The six tests are 100 points each and comprise 70% of your grade.
- The six bulletin board assignments are 10 points each and comprise 30% of your grade.
+ Designed For
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE