In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through December 2020. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
This course is designed to prepare administrators and engineers for implementing and managing resources on the AWS cloud.
This course is also designed to help prepare IT professionals for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. AWS Certified Sysops Administrator covers all the areas and objectives listed in the AWS exam blueprint with hands-on instruction and real-time application.
This course aligns to the AWS Certified Sysops Administrator Associate Exam. There is no programming experience required but it is recommended that students have a basic knowledge of common networking protocols like TCP/IP. Secondly, students should possess experience maintaining operating systems in both a Microsoft Windows and Linux command-line environment. A fundamental knowledge of key information security concepts is also recommended.
Have questions or interested in more information about this course? Contact our TechAdvance program team at 703-993-1551 or email@example.com.
Offered through a cooperative relationship with TechAdvance IT Training Programs, courses are taught by instructors with substantial experience and expertise in leading IT fields.
Topics covered in this course include the following:
- Understanding Virtual Networking on AWS
- In-depth VPC Configuration
- Working with Security Groups and NACLs
- Understanding and Configuring VPC Access
- EC2 Instance Types
- Working with Elastic Block Storage
- EBS Snapshots and Replication
- Working with Amazon S3
- Amazon S3 Website Hosting
- Configuring Elastic Load Balancer (ELB)
- Configuring Auto Scaling
- Configuring Route 53
- Working with Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Monitoring with Amazon CloudWatch and Trusted Advisor
- Understanding Backup Option
- Exam Preparation
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Migrate an existing on-premises application to AWS.
- Select the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data or security requirements.
- Identify appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
- Estimate AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Amazon Web Services : Available Courses