Live-Online Course Format: This course meets via zoom on specific days/times and students will participate in live class sessions, similar to an in-person experience.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning one of the new standards in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations, and signal to employers your advanced professional development.
Ensure you're prepared with our course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
Earn the New Standard in HR Certification. Prepare with George Mason’s Human Resource Management Certificate Program.
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. You will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the certification exam.
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management.
Choose Expert Leadership and Guidance
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights, and one-on-one guidance.
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of HR professionals.
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support.
- Take advantage of funding options, such as corporate tuition reimbursement.
- Earn up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits To Your Employer
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™.
The course fee includes all course materials, but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP examinations.
As part of your course, you will receive the 2020 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. This new and comprehensive program is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the competencies and knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. This program is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
George Mason University’s program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
The 2020 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP is included in your tuition for this course. The materials will be mailed to you before the course begins at no additional charge.* The Learning System delivers the most comprehensive, flexible and effective SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exam preparation. Designed using a proven approach for teaching adult learners, this system helps you understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR Knowledge. Online learning modules (based on the SHRM BoCK) and interactive study tools test your knowledge and decision making skills. There is no better way to successfully prepare for the SHRM certification exams.
As an official SHRM Education Partner, we are able to build our course on the SHRM learning System, giving you access to the most effective and up-to-date exam preparation tools available.
- Effective and proven. Candidates who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the average exam pass rate.
- One source for knowledge and application. All the study tools you need to learn, reinforce and test your knowledge.
- Most current and relevant. The SHRM Learning System has been updated to align with the 2019 SHRM BoCK.
- Convenient 24/7 online access to your study tools from any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence with online study tools.
Assess your current knowledge:
- Complete an online assessment to determine current knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
- Create a personal SmartStudy plan to identify learning priorities, estimate study time and create a roadmap to success.
Study your way to success:
- Read learning modules based upon the SHRM BoCK online or offline with two flexible options. When you are online, navigate quickly and easily from reading a module to completing questions and other activities. For offline access, download the e-reader files to your device.
- Review Quickstart videos to provide an overview of the foundational elements for each of the HR behavioral competencies.
- Study Flashcards in online or printed format to reinforce your memory of key terms and concepts.
Apply what you have learned:
- Utilize over 1,500 practice questions to assess your competencies and test your knowledge and understanding.
- Engage in six “competencies in action” activities that put you in the role of an HR professional who is faced with unique challenges. Analyze the situation, consider the background information, complete the activities and make your decision!
Pass your exam with confidence:
- Complete a post-test which mimics the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format and weighting to build exam day confidence.
- Review test-taking tips and download the SHRM Certification Handbook.
Let Us Guide You to Success
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success:
- Built on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Test the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrate that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials encourage HR professionals to acquire the competencies and knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success, now and in the future.
Are you ready to enhance your competence and knowledge to become a strategic, global-minded HR leader?
*For students living outside of the contiguous United States shipping costs will be an additional fee charged separately from the tuition cost. Please note that shipping costs may vary depending on the mailing location.
Digital Certificate (Badge)
Earners of the Human Resource Management Certificate Badge will have an in-depth understanding of the knowledge, strategies and competencies required for effective HR professionals around the world. They have real-life scenario training, applying concepts, using behavioral judgement, knowledge, and an understanding of best practices for HR today. The SHRM Learning System course will prepare the earner to sit for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP, the only behavioral competency based HR credentials.Eligible for the Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program
To be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exams, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application. For details on these requirements, visit shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
Special Notice Regarding Refund and Cancellation Policy for all HR Courses: We are unable to process refunds for textbooks once received.
+ Designed For
This certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase knowledge and skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
- Advance their career
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity. For those new to HR, you’ll want to consider Mason’s Essentials of Human Resource Certificate.
Maintain Your SHRM Credential with Recertification
HR professionals can earn recertification 36 PDC’s for their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential through Mason’s HR course offerings.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Management : Available Courses
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE