In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through May 2021. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
To be effective, facility managers must develop strategies to successfully carry out major initiatives by influencing the decisions and attitudes of others. Effective strategies require that facility managers are able to integrate people, places, processes, and technology. They must be able to align the facility portfolio with the entire organization’s missions and available resources, and to be innovative in order to move forward with their staff and processes to respond to the ever-changing requirements.
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education Facility Management Programs is an approved educational provider of The International Facility Management Association™ (IFMA ™) Facility Management Professional™ (FMP") credential program.
- Plan Strategically
- Lead and Manage the Facility Organization
- Provide Leadership to the Entire Organization
The FMP credential is awarded by the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). Upon the conclusion of each of the four required courses, participants will need to successfully complete the online final assessments for each course. Once this has been accomplished, they will submit their FMP application and fee to IFMA in order to finalize the awarding of the credential.
Each final assessment is comprised of 50 questions.
Required IFMA courses:
- FMP 0705: Operations and Maintenance
- FMP 0710: Project Management
- FMP 0715: Finance and Business
- FMP 0720: Leadership and Strategy
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded by George Mason University.
- Early-to mid-career facility management practitioners seeking enhanced knowledge and skills.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate, or technical programs.
- Service providers.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series : Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series
Questions? Submit an inquiry >> HERE