Facility managers manage/oversee high-value assets that represent significant financial investment in technology, buildings, structures, interiors, exteriors and grounds. Since facility managers are typically responsible for the oversight, operation and maintenance of the buildings and grounds, as well as oversight of various service contracts, understanding the basics of finance and business is critical.
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education Facility Management Programs is an approved educational provider of The International Facility Management Association™ (IFMA ™) Facility Management Professional™ (FMP") credential program.
- Finance and Business in the Facility Organization
- Financial Management of the Facility Organization
- Procurement in the Facility Organization
- Contracts in the Facility Organization
The FMP credential is awarded by the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). Upon the conclusion of each of the four required courses, participants will need to successfully complete the online final assessments for each course. Once this has been accomplished, they will submit their FMP application and fee to IFMA in order to finalize the awarding of the credential.
Each final assessment is comprised of 50 questions.
Required IFMA courses:
- FMP 0705: Operations and Maintenance
- FMP 0710: Project Management
- FMP 0715: Finance and Business
- FMP 0720: Leadership and Strategy
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded by George Mason University.
+ Designed For
- Early-to mid-career facility management practitioners seeking enhanced knowledge and skills.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate, or technical programs.
- Service providers.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series : Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series