In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through May 2021. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
Facility managers make use of all aspects of project management beginning with planning, scoping, scheduling and ending with evaluating. Project planning and management are core skills in facility management. These skills are particularly important because of the wide range of projects assigned to any facility organization. Projects vary in scope, complexity, duration, and financial risk.
George Mason Continuing and Professional Education Facility Management Programs is an approved educational provider of The International Facility Management Association™ (IFMA ™) Facility Management Professional™ (FMP") credential program.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Define Projects
- Plan Projects
- Manage and Oversee Projects
- Close Projects
The FMP credential is awarded by the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). Upon the conclusion of each of the four required courses, participants will need to successfully complete the online final assessments for each course. Once this has been accomplished, they will submit their FMP application, including the fee, to IFMA to finalize the awarding of the credential.
Each final assessment is comprised of 50 questions.
Required IFMA courses:
- FM 0705: Operations and Maintenance
- FM 0710: Project Management
- FM 0715: Finance and Business
- FM 0720: Leadership and Strategy
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded by George Mason University.
- Early-to mid-career facility management practitioners seeking enhanced knowledge and skills.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate, or technical programs.
- Service providers.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series : Facility Management Professional (FMP) Series
Questions? Submit an inquiry >> HERE