The Project Management Institute (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential has become the most recognized credential in the rapidly evolving profession of project management.
This course prepares the student to take the PMI PMP examination. The PMI PMP application, certification examination, and award of the PMP credential are separate from this course and are exclusively administered through PMI.
LEARN MORE about requirements and fees to sit for the PMI PMP examination.
PMI Authorized Training Partner:
As an Authorized Training Partner of the Project Management Institute (PMI) George Mason University offers a series of project management courses. Mason courses are current and aligned to the latest PMI Global Standards.
The PMI ATP seal is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Provider is a member of the PMI ATP Program. PMI does not specifically endorse, approve, or warrant ATP’s products, courses, publications, or services.
The PMP Examination Preparation course uses PMI’s authorized course materials, instructor-led presentation and in-class exercises to provide students with a working knowledge of project management models, methods, and artifacts and their application. Mason instructors draw from their executive professional experience to illustrate concepts through practical real-world examples. Supplemental materials, advanced learning methods, word-picture associations, and mind maps are used to enhance comprehension and strengthen learning recall in a test environment. The course addresses all project performance domains and underlying delivery principles contained in the current versions of PMI’s Examination Content Outline, PMI’s Authorized PMP Exam Preparation Couse Materials, “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide),” and associated American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards. Student comprehension is tested using PMI questions that simulate the actual examination. Using this approach, course participants quickly get feedback on their knowledge retention and can identify weak knowledge areas that need to be reinforced.
- The PMI Framework and Value Delivery System
- Project Delivery Principles
- Performance Domains
- Creating High Performance Teams
- Starting A Project
- Keeping the Team on Track
- Keeping the Business in Mind
Attendees will be provided the following materials in an electronic format:
- PMI Course presentation materials
- PMI Course exercises and answer keys
- Compendium of ancillary printed reference materials
- Annual surveys, commissioned by PMI, demonstrate PMP credential holders enjoy higher salaries and access to greater professional opportunities than non-credentialed project managers.
- Small class size encourages an interactive learning environment.
- Gain from experience and insights of course instructors who each have over 25 years of proven executive and project management experience in a variety of industries, including finance, energy, environmental, construction, defense, and information technology.
- Learn in an environment that relates theory to relevant work situations and employs real-world case studies, group projects, and discussions to enhance learning.
- Network with other project management professionals.
- 100% attendance and participation are expected from participants.
Students wishing to make application to PMI to apply for and take the PMI PMP Examination must meet professional experience requirements and other terms and conditions that can be found here. https://www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp
If the student is taking Mason’s Project Management Certificate series, it is highly recommended (but not required) that the PMP Examination Preparation course be taken last.
+ Designed For
Managers and mid-career professionals who seek to further develop their project management skills and are eligible to sit for PMI’s PMP® examination. It is assumed that participants have a working knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide – current edition or have completed the Essentials of Project Management course.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 35.0 PDU
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate Series : Required Courses
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE