Victim Advocacy Informational Webinar - July 22
Want to learn more about the Victim Advocacy Course? Missed out on the informational webinar on July 22th? Stephanie Elio presents information about the online Victim Advocacy Certificate course offered by CLS by BARBRI.
Participants will be prepared to work in victim advocacy arenas, such as domestic violence shelters, crisis centers, crisis hotlines, and with state and county governments to assist crime victims in progressing through the criminal justice system and toward successful recovery.
- Lesson One: Introduction Victim Advocacy and Legislation regarding Victim Rights
- Lesson Two: Introduction to the Legal Process and Effects of Victimization on the Victim
- Lesson Three: Victim Advocate Skills and “ISMs” (a look at bias in victim advocacy)
- Lesson Four: Assault, Battery, and Robbery and Homicide & Suicide
- Lesson Five: Domestic Violence
- Lesson Six: Sexual Assault/Rape and Child Abuse
- Course Wrap-Up and Job Hunting Techniques
For each lesson you will submit a 50-point short answer/essay assignment covering the topics in that lesson’s reading.
You will complete two exams. Each is worth 100 points. The Midterm exam is to be submitted with your Lesson Three Assignments; the Final exam is to be submitted with your Lesson Six Assignments.
You will also post your responses to six class participation assignments. These assignments are referred to as Bulletin Board Submissions and will be submitted by either selecting Bulletin Board Submission from within the lesson material, or by selecting ‘Forums’ under Activities on the course home page.
All lesson objectives, assignments, and tests can be found in the Lesson Materials.
Your grade will be based on your completion of six writing assignment assignments, two exams, and class participation/Bulletin Board Submissions. The exams and writing assignments can be accessed from within the lesson material, or by selecting ‘Assignments’ under Activities. You will have the opportunity to engage in “class participation” by using the Bulletin Board tool to respond to the bulletin board assignments throughout the course. Also, participating in the bulletin board assignments will enhance your understanding of the reading material.Your final grade will be figured as follows:
- The six writing assignments are worth 50 points each and comprise 40% of your grade.
- The two exams are worth 100 points and comprise 40% of your grade.
- Your participation in class participation assignments comprises 20% of your grade.
Every assignment must be completed with 70% or better in order to pass the course.
+ Designed For
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE