This program prepares Nurses for a career in the legal field as legal nurse consultants. Building on their medical education and clinical experience, this course provides nursing professionals with fundamental skills necessary to advise law firms, health care providers, insurance companies, and governmental agencies regarding medically-related issues and to appear in court as expert witnesses. The curriculum of this course is designed to comply with the educational guidelines specified by the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants.
- Lesson One: Introduction to the Legal Nurse Profession and Ethics
- Lesson Two: Introduction to the Law, Informed Consent and Medical Treatment Decisions
- Lesson Three: Medical Records, Defense Medical Examinations and LNC Skills
- Lesson Four: Case Analysis and Negligence
- Lesson Five: Case Analysis: Criminal Law and Toxic Torts
- Lesson Six: The Role of the LNC in the Litigation Process
- Lesson Seven: Course Wrap-Up and Legal Nurse Consultant Practice Areas
For each lesson you will also submit your responses to a reflection assignment. These assignments are referred to as Bulletin Board Submissions and will be submitted by either selecting Bulletin Board Submission from within the lesson material, or by selecting ‘Forums’ under Activities in the course.
All weekly objectives, assignments, and tests can be found in the Lesson Materials.
Additional resources are available by accessing the URL Library tool.
Your grade will be based on your completion of six tests and six Bulletin Board Submissions. The tests can be accessed from within the lesson material, or by selecting ‘Assignments’ under Activities. Throughout the course, you will use the Bulletin Board tool to respond to reflection assignments which will enhance your understanding of the reading material.
Your final grade will be figured as follows:
- The six exams are 100 points each and comprise 80% of your grade.
- The six bulletin board assignments are 10 points each and comprise 20% of your grade.
NOTE: Students must receive a 70% or better on every assignment to receive a certificate.
+ Designed For
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE