Data Science is now one of the most in-demand skill sets amongst all business sectors. This course will start you on your journey through our Data Analytics program towards earning a recognized credential in a highly competitive area. You will learn how digital technologies work and will develop your skills through engaging and collaborative assignments.
Learn the fundamentals of programming for data science in this instructor led, virtual course, offering high quality practical experience to ensure you are ready to take the next step. This course will prepare you to set up your data science environment including the installation of Anaconda and JupyterLab on your computer. In addition, you will learn Python Fundamentals, as well as explore SQL and Pandas and how both are applied to various data wrangling tasks. This course will test your knowledge and skills through learning assessments such as a Python Challenge and Programming tests.
Details for course:
- 40 hours; 10 sessions
- Tuesdays, Thursdays
- Classes run from 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Anaconda install
- Python fundamentals
- SQL and Pandas
- JSON (file handling)
- Programming Test 1
- Python Challenge
- Programming Test 2
+ Designed For
This course is designed for individuals with web development experience wanting to obtain knowledge of data analytics, Python fundamentals, SQL and Pandas, and file handling.
It is ideal for anyone wanting to advance their career in the tech industry or currently in roles that have more potential.
- Project/Security Manager
- System Administration
- Data Engineering
- Data Analyst
- Set up a data science environment that includes Anaconda and JupyterLab installations.
- Apply Python fundamentals, including basic syntax, variables, and types.
- Define the basic Pandas functions and data types.
- Apply SQL to various data wrangling tasks.
- Apply different data wrangling techniques to prepare JSON Files.
- Apply SQL and Pandas together to identify when and how to use them.
- Leverage the potential of a data warehouse with Python to wrangle a dataset.
Completion of the Certificate program offers students the opportunity to progress in their careers. Students will gain a range of high-level skills and have the ability to work with data when there is a great demand across all industries.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Analytics : Required Courses
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE