In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through May 2021. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
This dynamic program will equip you to deal successfully with polarities -- opposing forces that create tension in complex situations. You will use Polarity Thinking™ concepts, practices and tools (including the Polarity Map® and the Polarity Assessment™) to overcome your most complex and critical challenges by applying both/and thinking skills to the leadership polarities you face. You will gain experience managing polarities in a consulting/coaching client relationship.
You will also earn a certification in PACT™ (Polarity Approach for Continuity and Transformation) through this program. All leaders, teams, and organization systems are navigating challenges in the process of their growth and development. That process involves the tension between maintaining continuity, and change. PACT™ was developed to increase the speed, attainability and sustainability of the change process that all leaders, teams, and organization systems go through. We believe that leaders can significantly enhance their well-being by using PACT™ and supplementing “or” thinking with “and” thinking.
- Learn transformative new skills to enhance your career through intensive, hands-on, interactive learning.
- Build your mapping skills using the Polarity Map® in practical experiential exercises.
- Use case study and practical exercises to introduce Polarity Thinking™ basic principles and create custom Polarity Assessments
- Participate in one-on-one mentoring post-program to address specific questions and needs.
- Discover a wealth of leadership resources in the Polarity Resource Portal.
- Course registration includes Consultant-level access for 1 year to deepen and broaden your learning experiences beyond the course.
- This resource contains videos, articles/case-studies, a Polarity Map Public Library, and a “My Polarity Maps” section to save and edit your favorite and most frequently used maps.
- If performance measurement is important to you, you’ll learn how to create custom assessments for up to 8 polarities at a time using the Polarity Assessment.
- Earn 27 CCEUs (14 Core and 13 Resource) from the International Coach Federation.
Requirements100% attendance and participation are expected from participants.
Many challenges are effectively solved with “or” thinking – choosing between either this option or that one. Polarity challenges are different. They’re ongoing tensions that are part of an interdependent pair that require “and” thinking – choosing both this and that.
Polarity Thinking will empower you to distinguish “either/or” solvable problems from “both/and” polarities and accelerate your ability to leverage the upsides of tensions we all face every day in organizations. Common polarity tensions include confidence and humility, tasks and relationships, and centralization and decentralization.
The research is clear: leaders, teams, and organizations that leverage both thinking competencies well out-perform the ones that don’t. Please join us and learn how to avoid getting hooked and stuck in polarities by supplementing "or" thinking with the genius of "and” to improve well-being and resilience for you and your organization.
This program is designed for leaders who are facing complex leadership challenges in their organizations, and leaders such as coaches and managers who help others navigate complex leadership situations.
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE