Starting with the basics, including rules of commas and editing for conciseness, clarity, and cohesion, this course will provide a review of sentence and document structure for writers at all levels. During the course, students practice tailoring writing to specific audiences, including assessing the purpose and exigence in common workplace writing contexts.
You will focus on several topics including:
- Use of commas (introductory clauses, subordinate clauses, series, coordinating adjectives, geographic location, dates, etc.)
- Editing for clarity (active voice, transitional words, parallel construction, and action verbs)
- Editing for organization (paragraphs, use of bullets, sentence length
- Basic document design (alignment, contrast, and repetition).
This program has been developed in collaboration with The Center for Public Safety Excellence®.
For more information on available discounts for customized group training opportunities for groups of 10 or more from the same organization, please contact Program Manager Sarah Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Designed For
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advanced Technical Writing : Advanced Technical Writing
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE