In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through May 2021. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!This is a comprehensive course addressing US Government contractor requirements related to letting subcontracts under government prime contracts. This course is recommended for individuals who are responsible for: US Government contractor purchasing or subcontracting; implementing and maintaining adequate purchasing systems and supporting US Government Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs); and conducting oversight of purchasing systems.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
- 0.6 CEUs
- 6 CLEs
- 6 CLPs
Participants will learn:
- the background and requirements related to the CPSR;
- a basic understanding of policies, procedures and practices required to comply with the FAR;
- how to comply with contractual requirements for US Government contractors regarding implementation and maintenance of an adequate purchasing system; • how to prepare a solicitation and identify sources;
- clauses to include in subcontracts;
- unique purchasing-related activities and events for US Government contracts;
- areas to address in purchasing policies and procedures;
- purchasing system contractual requirements; and
- the role of Government oversight.
This course is also eligible for 7.2 CPEs.
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417.