This course addresses the current Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) environment industry is facing, including the challenges and nuances of the pandemic-caused pivot to the virtual CPSR setting. We will also explore the subject matter areas and common pitfalls that contractors are repeatedly encountering through their CPSRs. This course is recommended for individuals who are responsible for: US Government contractor purchasing or subcontracting; implementing and maintaining adequate purchasing systems; and supporting US Government CPSRs.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
- 0.6 CEUs
- 6 CLEs
- 6 CLPs
If CLE credits are needed, the request along with the jurisdiction must be received before the start of the training.
This course is also eligible for 7.2 CPEs.
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417.
Participants will learn:
• The regulatory framework and requirements of the CPSR;
• The time-phased process and major milestones of the entire CPSR lifecycle;
• Highlights of changes and nuances associated with the virtual CPSR process;
• The specific subject matter areas in CPSR scope from both the policy and procedure and practice standpoints;
• The most common CPSR findings and underlying reasons for those findings experienced by industry;
• Recommendations to the prioritization of implementing and maintaining an adequate purchasing system;
• Practical tips for improving your purchasing system compliance posture in advance of your next CPSR; and
+ Designed For
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE