This course is a fast-paced interactive seminar that examines the organization, content, policy and procedures of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it applies to Federal acquisition. It is designed for new professionals in both government and industry, as well as those who want to build familiarity with, or update themselves on, the Federal Government’s regulatory system. Those who participate actively in the contract administration process will receive the most direct benefit, but anyone who is a player in government contracting needs to have a basic understanding of the Government's guiding "rulebook." The course includes a review of the topical divisions of the FAR and exercises for participants to practice analyzing FAR-centered contracting issues. Recordings All sessions are recorded and available for one year.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
- 1.2 CEUs
- 12 CLEs
- 12 CLPs
This course is eligible for 14.4 CPEs.
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education (formerly George Mason University Executive and Professional Education) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417.
- Identify the foundations, the organization, and principles of the FAR in order to locate, understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions in government contracting.
- Analyze the “why” of the policies, processes and procedures set out in the FAR in order to better understand the latitude and constraints of executing contracts involving the expenditure of public funds.
- Increase professional understanding of the acquisition system as well as build skills to train, mentor and coach others in usage of the FAR.
- Improve the participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
- Make the FAR your friend, rather than the monster hiding under your bed.
+ Designed For
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Contracting with the Federal Government: Accounting : Required Courses
- Contracting with the Federal Government: Administration : Required Courses
- Contracting with the Federal Government: Essentials : Navigating the FAR
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE