This course builds on the concepts from the Cloud Security Fundamentals course, which is also part of the five-course Cloud Computing Certificate series, and focuses on the abilities validated in the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification. Students will understand specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms. Data encryption methods and secure Internet protocols will be reviewed along with AWS mechanisms to implement them.
Students will work through scenarios where they are given a set of application requirement that make tradeoff decisions taking risk, cost, security, and deployment complexity into consideration. Students will also gain a working knowledge of AWS focused security services, the features provided by these services and how these services are applicable to production environments.
This course will be delivered in an asynchronous, self-guided, learning format. Please be aware of the following expectations and requirements.
- Content is divided into 10 learning modules. Each module begins on a Monday and ends on a Sunday.
- All work, including viewing lecture recordings, readings, quizzes, discussions and hands-on assignments must be completed by Sunday.
- Students will be expected to complete homework and labs for each session.
- Students must complete all five courses to be awarded the Cloud Computing Certificate.
- PEVS 0313 - Cloud Security Fundamentals or equivalent course
- 3 years of hands on IT and IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions
- Understanding of networking and virtualization
+ Designed For
This course is geared towards anyone working in the below roles, or those who are aspiring towards these roles who have completed the pre-requisites for this course:
- Security Engineer
- Cloud Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Cloud Security Architects
- Accreditation & Authorization (A&A) Teams
- Risk Assessment Teams
- Penetration Testing Teams
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cloud Computing : Cloud Computing Professional Certificate
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE