This course is an introduction to cloud security, and covers the fundamentals of building security into cloud platforms, and how to securely manage and access cloud environments using hands-on lab environments. Students will learn how to access cloud environments using IPSec, and utilizing the respective cloud VPN gateways.
Students will also be exposed to identity and access management in the various platforms, how to create and assign roles to users and groups, how to audit actions taken, and how most utilized security services in the cloud environments operate. Students will learn to separate out environments using virtual networks for project and system segmentation and learn to apply virtual firewall rules and network access control lists.
This course will be delivered in an asynchronous, self-guided, learning format. Please be aware of the following expectations and requirements.
- Content is divided into 10 learning modules. Each module begins on a Monday and ends on a Sunday. All work, including viewing lecture recordings, readings, quizzes, discussions and hands-on assignments must be completed by Sunday.
- Students will be expected to complete a significant amount of homework for each session.
- Students must earn at least 75% in the course as a passing score.
- Students must complete all five courses to be awarded a certificate
- Security+ or IT 223 or equivalent course
- 5+ years of hands on IT experience & 2+ years of hands on security experience
- Basic knowledge and experience in programming and scripting
- Solid understanding of database principles
+ Designed For
This course is designed for those in the below fields, as well as those aspiring for these roles:
- IT Professionals
- Security Engineers
- Cloud Engineers
- Accreditation & Authorization (A&A)
- Risk Assessment Teams
- Penetration Testing Teams
- Bobby Varghese
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cloud Computing : Cloud Computing Professional Certificate
Questions? Submit an inquiry HERE