We are with you! In light of the challenges many of you are facing due to the pandemic - we have lowered our tuition to help you access high quality, career advancing training in a time we know resources are tight.
This course is a fast-paced interactive seminar that examines the organization, content, policy and procedures of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it applies to Federal acquisition. It is designed for new professionals in both government and industry, as well as those who want to build familiarity with, or update themselves on, the Federal Government’s regulatory system. Those who participate actively in the contract administration process will receive the most direct benefit, but anyone who is a player in government contracting needs to have a basic understanding of the Government's guiding "rulebook." The course includes a review of the topical divisions of the FAR and exercises for participants to practice analyzing FAR-centered contracting issues.
All sessions are recorded and available for one year.
- Identify the foundations, the organization, and principles of the FAR in order to locate, understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions in government contracting.
- Analyze the “why” of the policies, processes and procedures set out in the FAR in order to better understand the latitude and constraints of executing contracts involving the expenditure of public funds.
- Increase professional understanding of the acquisition system as well as build skills to train, mentor and coach others in usage of the FAR.
- Improve the participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
- Make the FAR your friend, rather than the monster hiding under your bed.
Spring 2020 Sessions
Each session will take place from 1:30pm-3:30pm
- May 4
- May 5
- May 6
- May 11
- May 19
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Contracting with the Federal Government: Accounting : Core Courses
- Contracting with the Federal Government: Administration : Core Courses
- Contracting with the Federal Government: Essentials : Navigating the FAR