In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through December 2020. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
With the quickly growing need for cloud support and employees with cloud skillsets, the Microsoft Azure platform provides flexible cloud computing services with a variety of tools and programs. It continues to grow in usage and popularity because of its ability to be utilized by company of all sizes, from start-ups to large corporations. Many companies using windows servers look to Azure to support their expanding needs and have a growing demand for employees who are Azure certified.
Take the first step today to pass the Azure exam to build and grow your career in cloud computing! This course will provide foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The course is a first step in learning about cloud services and Microsoft Azure. The course will cover:
- General cloud computing concepts as well as general cloud computing models and services
- Public, private and hybrid cloud and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Core Azure services and solutions, as well as key Azure pillar services concerning security, privacy, compliance and trust
- Pricing and support services available with Azure
- Test preparation for the AZ-900 exam
Have questions or interested in more information about this course? Contact our TechAdvance program team at 703-993-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered through a cooperative relationship with TechAdvance IT Training Programs, courses are taught by instructors with substantial experience and expertise in leading IT fields.
- Learn cloud concepts such as High Availability, Scalability, Elasticity, Agility, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recovery
- Understand the benefits of cloud computing in Azure and how it can save you time and money
- Compare and contrast basic strategies for transitioning to the Azure cloud
- Explore the breadth of services available in Azure including compute, network, storage and security
RequirementsStudents will need to purchase the course text: Cheshire, Jim (2019). Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam Ref AZ-900, Pearson Education, (ISBN 978-0-1357-3218-1)
PrerequisitesTechnical IT experience is not required; however, some general IT knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
This course is designed for:
- Candidates looking to learn foundational-level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure.
- Those with non-technical backgrounds, including IT sales staff involved with selling/purchasing of cloud-based solutions and services
- Employees who have some involvement with cloud based solutions and service
- Individuals with a technical background who have a need to learn their foundational-level knowledge around cloud services.
- Those with roles that include: training directors, managers, IT managers/directors/CIOs and HR managers/leaders