In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through December 2020. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
Splunk is a software that enables, and manages search data from any application, server, and network device in no time.
Splunk makes machine data reachable, utilizable and helpful to everyone. It’s the secure way to examine the enormous streams of machine data produced by technology infrastructure and IT systems.
In this hands on course, participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of a Splunk power user and administrator. Course training involves work with configuration files and settings, the use of searching and reporting commands, knowledge objects, and dashboard creation. Ultimately this course is designed to teach the subject matter and help participants prepare for the Splunk Power User and Admin certification tests.
Have questions or interested in more information about this course? Contact our TechAdvance program team at 703-993-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered through a cooperative relationship with TechAdvance IT Training Programs, courses are taught by instructors with substantial experience and expertise in leading IT fields.
Topics covered in this course include the following:
- Splunk Cluster implementation
- Introduction to SPLUNK
- SPLUNK – Installation
- SPLUNK – Authentication
- SPLUNK – Log Architecture
- SPLUNK – Using Search
- SPLUNK – Fields
- SPLUNK – Tags and Event Types
- SPLUNK – Alerts
- SPLUNK – Indexing
- SPLUNK – Dashboard
- SPLUNK – Reports
After completing our Splunk Power User & Admin training, you should be able to:
- Understand Splunk Power User/ Admin concepts
- Apply various Splunk techniques to visualize data using different graphs and dashboards
- Implement Splunk in the organization to Analyze and Monitor systems for operational intelligence
- Configure alerts and reports for monitoring purposes
- Troubleshoot different application logs issues using SPL (Search Processing Language)
- Implement Splunk Indexers, Search Heads, Forwarder, Deployment Servers & Deployers
This training program is for participants who want to learn the services offered by Splunk and are interested in becoming a data/business analyst or system administrator using Splunk. It is recommended that participants have prior knowledge of basic Linux commands and AWS Cloud infrastructure.