In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through December 2020. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
In the realm of cybersecurity, PenTest+ is a hands-on course that focuses on offensive security tactics.
Participants will learn the most up-to-date penetration testing and vulnerability assessment strategies, along with the management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of a network. Participants will also acquire the skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate and report findings. Lastly, students learn industry best practices on how to communicate and recommend strategies that will improve the overall function of an organization’s IT security.
The PenTest+ course and certification is unique because it gives students the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in the cloud, mobile and desktop environments.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam offered at Pearson VUE testing centers. This exam features performance-based and multiple-choice questions to ensure that each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge and ability to perform system related tasks. The PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope and manage weaknesses.
Have questions or interested in more information about this course? Contact our TechAdvance program team at 703-993-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered through a cooperative relationship with TechAdvance IT Training Programs, courses are taught by instructors with substantial experience and expertise in leading IT fields.
Topics covered in this course include the following:
- PLANNING & SCOPING: Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
- INFORMATION GATHERING & VULNERABILITY IDENTIFICATION: Gather information to prepare for exploitation, perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results.
- ATTACKS & EXPLOITS: Exploit network, wireless, application and RF-based vulnerabilities. Summarize physical security attacks and perform post-exploitation techniques.
- PENETRATION TESTING TOOLS: Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- REPORTING & COMMUNICATION: Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities.