In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through December 2020. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
We are with you! In light of the challenges many of you are facing due to the pandemic - we have lowered our tuition to help you access high quality, career advancing training in a time we know resources are tight.
The Automation Testing certificate program provides hands-on experience training in practical techniques for writing software test automation using environments such as Eclipse IDE and Selenium WebDriver.
During this course, students develop the skills necessary to perform all activities related to software test automation. Students also gain a better understanding of the broad range of test tools and techniques in test automation development.
Have questions or interested in more information about this course? Contact our TechAdvance program team at 703-993-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered through a cooperative relationship with TechAdvance IT Training Programs, courses are taught by instructors with substantial experience and expertise in leading IT fields.
Topics covered in this course include the following:
- Introduction and Objectives of Test Automation
- Preparing for Test Automation
- Test Automation Architecture/Framework
- Eclipse IDE
- Automation Testing with Selenium WebDriver
- Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Verifying the Test Automation Script
- Continuous Improvement
- Beyond Functional Automated Testing
- Test Automation Tools
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- understand the purpose of test automation
- identify the technical success factors of a test automation project
- identify the test automation requirements for the Software Under Test (SUT)
- evaluate and select the tools for the test automation
- design for testability
- understand how to create an environment to execute test automation
- know the basics of Eclipse IDE
- develop scripts with Selenium WebDriver
- be familiar with data-driven test automation
- be familiar with creating test automation framework
- be familiar with test automation maintenance
- be familiar with test automation reporting and metrics
This course is designed for individuals who have knowledge/experience in manual software testing or have attended the Quality Assurance Testing Certificate Program and have exposure to a computer programming language.