In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through December 2020. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
Upcoming Paralegal Webinar: The Center for Legal Studies is hosting a free Paralegal Certificate Course webinar on Wednesday, August 12 at Noon CST. This is a great opportunity for potential students to learn more and have their questions answered. >>REGISTER HERE
George Mason’s Paralegal Certificate is offered in collaboration with The Center for Legal Studies.
Employment for paralegals is projected to grow much faster than average, as employers try to reduce costs by hiring paralegals to perform tasks once done by lawyers.*
This intensive, nationally acclaimed program is designed for beginning as well as advanced legal workers. Students will be trained to assist trial attorneys, interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation. The instruction is practice-oriented and related to those areas of the law in which legal assistants are most in demand.
- There is a total of 84 hours of instruction in a classroom.
- Upon successful completion of the program you will receive a Certificate of Completion from George Mason University.
- Research can be done at George Mason University's Law Library in Arlington.
- This program will help students increase their office's efficiency, productivity, and billable hours as well as learn new marketable job skills
- Students will be expected to complete a significant amount of homework for each session.
- Students must successfully complete and pass all course requirements to be awarded a certificate.
- Students must pass six quizzes and successfully complete five legal document-writing assignments. Assignments include, but are not limited to, creating an interoffice memo, preparing a cover and resume for instructor critique, drafting a motion, and preparing an answer to a complaint served to you by a fellow classmate.
- Students cannot have more than two absences.
Textbooks: not included in course registration fee. Click here for more information.
Westlaw: legal research access– fee not included in course registration. Please contact the Center for Legal Studies at 1-800-522-7737 or email@example.com for information and Westlaw pricing.