In support of the health and safety of our students and university community, all Mason Professional Education courses are being delivered in virtual formats now through May 2021. We are fully operational and courses will begin on their scheduled start date. Register today!
This professional certificate is designed for those who want to advance in the rapidly expanding cloud computing field. Mason’s Volgenau Cloud Computing Professional Certificate provides a solid foundation for cloud services management and for building, deploying and maintaining various cloud models.
Course participants will learn to:
- Securely manage and access cloud environments
- Optimize different services by understanding cloud-based solutions
- Explore best practices for designing patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on cloud
- Address cloud architecture challenges, use the serverless framework, deploy and test serverless application on a cloud platform
- Operate commonly utilized security services
- Apply virtual firewall rules and network access control lists
Participants may choose to take courses individually, or sign up for the bundled five-course certificate at the discounted rate. Each online course will be six weeks in length. Participants will earn a Certificate of Completion when all five courses are completed in the appropriate order.
These courses are aligned with the below certifications. Participants will be able to sit for these certification exams if they self-study and practice labs after completion of the courses to better prepare themselves. *Mason does not guarantee a passing grade.
By completing this professional certificate, participants will be able to sit for these certification exams:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Developer-Associate
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
Digital Certificate (Badge)
Earners of the Cloud Computing Badge have a good understanding of Cloud computing and Virtualization concepts. The individual has knowledge of the Cloud Reference Architecture of NIST, IBM, etc. and can address cloud architecture challenges, use a serverless framework, deploy and test serverless application on a cloud platform, and can explore best practices for designing patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on cloud.
+ Assistant Professor Pouyan Ahmadi
+ Adjunct Professor Bobby Varghese
+ Adjunct Professor Randy Michak
The five courses offered in this certificate will be delivered in an asynchronous, self-guided, learning format. Be aware of the program expectations and requirements:
- Content is divided into 6 learning modules.
- Coursework includes: viewing lecture recordings, readings, quizzes, discussions and hands-on assignments must be completed on indicated due date
- Students will be expected to complete a significant amount of homework for each session.
- Students must earn at least 75% in the course as a passing score.
- Students must complete all five courses to be awarded a certificate.
- The cloud certificate courses must be taken in this sequence: PEVS 0310 Cloud Infastructure, PEVS 0311 Cloud Services Management, PEVS 0312 Application Development in Cloud, PEVS 0313 Cloud Security Fundamentals, PEVS 0314 AWS Cloud Security
This certificate is designed for those in the below fields as well as those aspiring toward these roles:
- Operational Support Engineer
- Cloud Systems integrator
- Cloud Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Solutions Architect
- Cloud SysOps Admin
- Cloud Security Architect
- Cloud Risk Assessment Professional
Full professional certificate tuition (5 courses) is $8000. Payment plans are available, please choose "other payment method" at checkout. Single course enrollment is available; however, you will not be eligible for the reduced price per course that is part of our certificate program.
Need More Information?
If you would like more information and details about this innovative certificate program, contact us today and we will be happy to answer your questions and provide additional course information.