This professional certificate is designed for those who want to advance in the rapidly expanding cloud computing field. Mason’s Volgenau School of Engineering Cloud Computing Professional Certificate provides a solid foundation for cloud services management and for building, deploying and maintaining various cloud models.
Leading corporations like Amazon and Google are on the hunt for those with cloud computing knowledge to usher in a new age of cloud storage, with jobs to properly organize their cloud infrastructure, security, web hosting, and blockchain. Mason's Cloud Computing certificate was designed to help you prepare for these types of in-demand roles.
This unique program focuses training in multi-cloud platforms to better educate students in application methods across several systems from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to Microsoft Azure among others.
AWS Verified Cloud Program
The Cloud Computing certificate has also received the innovative distinction of being recognized by Amazon as an AWS Verified Cloud Program. This is part of AWS Educate, Amazon’s global initiative to provide educators and students comprehensive resources for building skills in cloud technology.
Course participants will learn to:
- Securely manage and access cloud environments
- Optimize different services by understanding cloud-based solutions
- Explore best practices for designing patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on cloud
- Address cloud architecture challenges, use the serverless framework, deploy and test serverless application on a cloud platform
- Operate commonly utilized security services
- Apply virtual firewall rules and network access control lists
Each course in this professional certificate program will have 30 hours of instructor-led time. Instructors will be available to answer questions via Blackboard (online course management system) as well as being available during optional synchronous online sessions.
+ Digital Certificate (Badge)
Earners of the Cloud Computing Badge have a good understanding of Cloud computing and Virtualization concepts. The individual has knowledge of the Cloud Reference Architecture of NIST, IBM, etc. and can address cloud architecture challenges, use a serverless framework, deploy and test serverless application on a cloud platform, and can explore best practices for designing patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on cloud.
+ Program Faculty
+ Assistant Professor Pouyan Ahmadi
+ Adjunct Professor Bobby Varghese
+ Adjunct Professor Randy Michak
The five courses offered in this certificate will be delivered in an asynchronous, self-guided, learning format. Be aware of the program expectations and requirements:
- Content is divided into 5 learning modules.
- Coursework includes: viewing lecture recordings, readings, quizzes, discussions and hands-on assignments must be completed on indicated due date
- Students will be expected to complete a significant amount of homework for each session.
- Students must earn at least 75% in the course as a passing score.
- Students must complete all five courses to be awarded a certificate.
- The cloud certificate courses must be taken in this sequence: PEVS 0310 Cloud Infastructure, PEVS 0311 Cloud Services Management, PEVS 0312 Application Development in Cloud, PEVS 0313 Cloud Security Fundamentals, PEVS 0314 AWS Cloud Security
+ Designed For
This certificate is designed for those in the below fields as well as those aspiring toward these roles:
- Operational Support Engineer
- Cloud Systems integrator
- Cloud Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Solutions Architect
- Cloud SysOps Admin
- Cloud Security Architect
- Cloud Risk Assessment Professional
Participants may choose to take courses individually, or sign up for the bundled five-course certificate at the discounted rate. Each online course will be six weeks in length.
These courses are aligned with the below certifications. Participants will be able to sit for the following certification exams if they self-study and practice labs after completion of the courses to better prepare themselves. Mason does not guarantee a passing grade. By completing this professional certificate, participants will be able to sit for these certification exams:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Developer-Associate
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
+ Interested in Learning More?
If you would like more information and details about this innovative certificate program, contact us today and we will be happy to answer your questions and provide additional course information.
+ Discounts and Scholarships
Mason Talent Exchange (MTE) Scholarships
The pandemic has forced many experienced professionals and degree holders to confront furloughs, lay-offs and a daunting set of career challenges. Mason is proud to launch the Mason Talent Exchange (MTE) in response to the need for regional upskilling and retraining.
If you are a dislocated worker or experiencing significant transition, the MTE is providing a 45% scholarship to those who enroll in all five courses and seek the Cloud Computing certificate. Significant transition includes:
- Transition from military service
- Shifting to a new industry or field
- Switching to a new position or department within current company
- Returning to workforce after major gap in employment