The International Facility Management Association’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) credential is an assessment-based program aligned with IFMA’s global task analysis. It is designed to ensure that those receiving the FMP credential demonstrate a proven comprehension of the foundations of facility management in the following subject areas:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Finance and Business
- Leadership and Strategy
+ Credential Requirements
The FMP credential is awarded by the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). Upon the conclusion of each of the four required courses, participants will need to successfully complete the online final assessments for each course. Once this has been accomplished, they will submit their FMP application, including the fee, to IFMA to finalize the awarding of the credential.
Each final assessment is comprised of 50 questions.
+ Designed For
This course is designed for:
- Early-to mid-career facility management practitioners seeking enhanced knowledge and skills
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers, and safety engineers
- Facility-related product and service providers
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs
- Service providers
Build a solid foundation.
- The enhanced and updated course curriculum required to achieve IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) credential will prepare you for the unique challenges of the profession, focusing on competencies essential to an FM’s day-to-day responsibilities.
Start your career in the right direction.
- Facility management is a constantly evolving profession. A commitment to continuing education and professional development ensures an up-to-date skill set throughout your career.
Set yourself apart from the competition.
- Whether you are applying for a position or promotion in the field, or if you plan to do business with an FM, having the letters “FMP” after your name demonstrates your professional knowledge.
Establish your professional network.
- Enjoy opportunities to meet and network with expert instructors and peers during live FMP courses. Take advantage of special FMP events at local, national, and international events.
+ Discounts and Scholarships
Mason Talent Exchange (MTE) Scholarships
The pandemic has forced many experienced professionals and degree holders to confront furloughs, lay-offs and a daunting set of career challenges. Mason is proud to launch the Mason Talent Exchange (MTE) in response to the need for regional upskilling and retraining.
If you are a dislocated worker or experiencing significant transition, the MTE is providing a 30% scholarship to those who enroll in all four courses and seek the Facility Management Professional (FMP) certificate. Significant transition includes:
- Transition from military service
- Shifting to a new industry or field
- Switching to a new position or department within current company
- Returning to workforce after major gap in employment